Privacy & Terms
At Important Importing, we value your privacy, and hold any personal information provided to us with the utmost security.
1. Information You Provide
While using this site, any information submitted to us is maintained in private files on our secure server and our internal systems. Any financial information put forward is only used to bill you for requested products and services. Personal & contact information, (i.e name, address, and e-mail address) will only be used for delivery of the requested service or information, and may be removed from our servers by request.
2. Information Automatically Collected
By using our site, there is certain information that may be collected automatically.
Cookies: Small files automatically downloaded to your computer, and used to temporarily store entered information and settings. It doesn’t track any personal information or extract data from your computer.
IP Address: A unique identifier assigned to your computer each time you connect to the internet. It is used for site traffic statistical reporting and analysis, to help diagnose problems with our server, and to help prevent fraud.
Any information provided to or collected by us will not be disclosed, unless absolutely necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. Under no circumstance do we resell any information collected though this site.
By approving a quotation or placing an order, Buyer agrees to all terms listed below.
1. Acceptance/Delivery. At the time of delivery, goods are subject to final inspection and approval by the Buyer or any person authorized by the Buyer. Seller may make delivery in installments and may render a separate invoice for each installment. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by the Seller, the Buyer hereby agrees to take delivery of the materials on this order within thirty (30) days after notification, oral or written, that the materials are ready for delivery. In the event that the Buyer does not arrange to take delivery of the materials in accordance with these terms, Seller may invoice the Buyer for the total amount due, and charge a storage fee not to exceed 3% per month of the selling price of the stored materials.
2. Changes/Cancellation. Buyer may not cancel or change an order once placed with and accepted by Seller except with the prior written consent of Seller. The Buyer reserves the right to change the place of delivery at any time prior to actual delivery provided that the Seller shall be entitled to be reimbursed for any actual increased cost, or shall reduce the prices to the extent of any reduction in cost, arising out of such change.
3. Overruns/Underruns: All custom orders are subject to a ten percent (10%) over/under run, and will be shipped and invoiced accordingly. If the Buyer requires guaranteed “no less than” delivery, percentage tolerance of overage must be doubled.
4. Payment Terms. An advanced deposit of 50% of the total order is required on all custom orders. Seller will not commence work until this amount has been paid. The remaining balance is due within ten (10) days of delivery. All payments must be made in Canadian dollars (CAD) unless otherwise specified.
5. Past Due Accounts. Buyer agrees to pay 1-1/2% per month (18% per annum) service charges on account balance unpaid if any of the account is past due, and Buyer agrees to pay all collection costs, including reasonable attorneys fees.
6. Title/Risk of Loss. The goods shall be at the risk of the Seller who shall bear all loss or damage which may occur until delivered to the Buyer, who then assumes the title of the goods and all responsibility for any loss or damage caused after delivery. Title to the goods shall remain with Seller until Buyer pays the purchase price in full.
7. Limited Warranty. Goods found to be defective, damaged, or not in compliance with the supplied specification sheet shall be replaced free of charge and included in the Buyer’s next order. In order to submit a claim, photographs and a description of the goods to be replaced must be submitted within ten (10) days of delivery; the failure of Buyer to give such written notice within this time shall be a waiver of all claims. Seller’s liability hereunder shall be limited to the obligation to replace only those products proved to have been defective within the time specified. IT IS EXPRESSLY AGREED THAT REPLACEMENT SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR ANY OTHER CLAIM IN RESPECT OF SUCH ITEMS.
8. Limitation of Liability. The aggregate liability of Seller with respect to goods provided to Buyer, whether based on an alleged breach or any other theory of liability, shall not exceed the value applicable to the goods determined by the Seller, in its sole discretion, to be non-conforming or defective. IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR COMMERCIAL LOSS, LOST PROFITS, CLAIMS FOR LABOR, OR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OF ANY TYPE WHETHER BUYER’S CLAIM BE BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHERWISE. Seller is not responsible for conditions or delays beyond its control, such as, but not limited to, delays due to strikes, fires, severe weather, or delays of carriers.
9. Entire Agreement. Seller and Buyer acknowledge that these Terms and Conditions of Sale constitute the entire agreement between Seller and Buyer with regard to the sale and supersede all prior oral or written statements of any kind made by the parties or their representatives.
10. Modifications/Severability. These Terms and Conditions may not be amended, modified, or supplemented except by written agreement executed by Seller and Buyer. The provisions of the Agreement are hereby deemed by the parties to be severable and the invalidity or unenforceability of one provision shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.